Billions of dollars are poured into the skincare industry each and every year here in the United States. We are bombarded by anti-aging cream commercials on tv and see photoshopped female faces on nearly every single magazine cover, so it’s no wonder women throw so much money at skincare products! What most of us don’t realize is that we can have beautiful, radiant and young looking skin just by changing our diet. What you eat nourishes your skin, nails and hair, so eat beautifully! Add these foods to your diet and notice how your body begins to glow!
1. Walnuts :: Walnuts are full of omega-3 fatty acids which work to protect your cell membranes. This means extra protection from environmental factors like pollution, dirt and oil which can cause acne, irritation and wrinkles. Walnuts also help your skin cells retain more water which leads to smoother skin!
2. Bone Broth :: Bone broth is the ultimate miracle elixir. It’s full of collagen that comes from the bones as they break down in the broth, which is amazing for your skin, hair and nails. Think firmer, smoother skin, less inflammation and better digestion. I make my own bone broth at home and it’s incredibly easy. Check out the recipe here.
3. Avocados :: The golden food! Avocados are rich in antioxidants that provide significant protection for your skin from environmental factors that could lead to fine lines, wrinkles and dryness. Avocados also improve your skins density and thickness, which leads to firmer more glowing skin! Eat up!
4. Turmeric :: Turmeric is one of the most anti-inflammatory foods out there and less inflammation is key to smoother, more radiant skin. Try sprinkling turmeric on your eggs in the morning or add it to a veggie stir fry. You can even sprinkle a little bit in your morning coffee or tea if you’re feeling adventurous!
5. Lemons :: A lemon a day keeps the doctor away! And your facialist! Lemon is one of the most alkalizing foods so it helps bring balance to your internal Ph. Try drinking warm lemon water every morning for a week and notice if your skin looks less tired and irritated.
Try this DIY facial from Mind Body Green to kickstart your road to glowing skin!
Bentonite Clay Mask ::
1 TBSP bentonite clay (try THIS brand)
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
Mix ingredients together until thick. Apply and leave on your face for 5-10 minutes or until dry.
If your skin feels a little bit dry following the mask then apply coconut oil and let it absorb into your skin over night.